Great for a lazy Sunday morning brunch.
You can use any variety of mushrooms. This is great with a mixture of oyster, shitake, chestnut and baby mushrooms.
Nutritional information Per Serving
Calories: 488 kcals
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 75g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 75g baby mushrooms
- 50g baby leaf spinach
- Small handful of parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Juice of ¼ lemon (optional but adds flavour)
- Seasoning to taste
- 2 slices of spelt toast
- 2 tbsp hummus
- Put the coconut and olive oil (if not vegan I would use butter instead of olive oil) in a sauté pan and place on a medium heat.
- Once melted, add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for five minutes until they start to soften
- Add the baby leaf spinach, parsley and thyme. You may need to do this a little at a time as it can take time to wilt, but persevere and keep stirring the spinach in, it will almost disappear into nothing eventually!
- Add the lemon juice, before seasoning to taste.
- Toast your bread. Spread with the hummus.
- Place the mushroom mixture onto your toast.