This is great as a breakfast granola but also as a topping for your crumbles, added to coconut yoghurt or just a tasty snack.
It is easy to make and there is nothing stopping you from doubling or tripling the recipe to make up a large batch as it keeps well in a sealed, airtight container.
By nutritionist Sarah Flower
Makes approx 15 servings
Nutritional information Per Serving
Calories: 375 kcals
- 300g of mixed nuts (brazil, hazelnuts, almonds, macadamia, walnuts)
- 100g pecan nuts
- 60g flaked almonds
- 100g coconut flakes
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 50g flaxseeds
- 40g coconut oil, melted
- tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp all spice
- 2 tbsp xylitol or erythritol blend (or to taste)
- 80g oats
- 75g dried apple slices, halved
- Preheat oven to 150ºc/Gas Mark 2.
- Place the nuts in a freezer bag and bash with a rolling pin until they are in smaller bite-size pieces. I prefer doing this as it takes out my frustrations but also a processor tends to over process them and if you are not careful you can end up with nutty dust!
- Place the crushed nuts into a bowl and add all the nuts, oats and seeds.
- Melt the coconut oil in a jug, once melted, add the cinnamon and sweetener and combine well.
- Pour over the nut/seed mix and stir well until the oil coats all the nuts.
- Pour the nuts mixture onto a large baking tray – you may need 2 trays depending on the size of your tray. Spread until it covers the tray.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 5 minutes before turning the nuts and baking again for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Stir in the oats and dried apple slices before storing in an airtight container.