This is very popular with low carb, sugar free dieters. You can use cauliflower, broccoli or finely grated courgette for this recipe – they all work well.
By nutritionist Sarah Flower
Makes 2 pizza bases
Nutritional information per pizza base
- 1 cauliflower head
- 180g full fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- Seasoning to taste
- Place your cauliflower into a food processor and whizz until it resembles cous cous. If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower using a grater.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl and pop into the microwave for 4 minutes on high. If you prefer not to use a microwave, you can fry the cauliflower to cook it.
- When cooked, allow to cool before adding the cream cheese and egg. Season to taste. Divide the dough into two.
- Place one large sheet of baking parchment on the worktop, add the dough to the centre of the parchment. Place another sheet of parchment on top of the dough and press down with your hands. This is the easiest way to form the base without getting sticky hands and worktop!
- Press into your pizza base shape using your hands and knuckles. The dough needs to be about 1cm thick.
- Place the whole thing, including parchment, onto a baking tray before removing the top sheet of parchment. Repeat for the second base.
- Pop into the oven and cook until it starts to go golden on top.
- Remove and top with your chosen toppings before placing back into the oven for another 8-10 minutes until bubbling and golden.