This lentil dahl recipe is a one-pot wonder so there’s minimal washing up!
- 281 kcal
- 6.7g fat
- 41.8g carbs (of which sugars 7.3g)
- 16.3g protein
- 4g fibre
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 40 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g dried red lentils, rinsed
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander to serve
1 Heat a large, heavy-based non-stick pan and add the olive oil. When the pan is hot, add the chilli, garlic, red pepper, onion and ginger and fry until softened.
2 Add the garam masala, turmeric, tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, lentils and vegetable stock.
3 Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened and the lentils have cooked through.
4 Just before serving, stir in the fresh coriander.